Neuropsychologist work to identify strengths and weaknesses through neuropsychological evaluation for the purposes of:
- Identifying learning disabilities, such as reading, written language, and mathematics disorders
- Identifying intellectual disability or giftedness
- Diagnosing neurodevelopmental disorders, such as ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, Tourette’s, etc
- Diagnosing degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Monitoring the progression of Neurological disorders, such as neurofibromatosis, stroke, or traumatic brain injury
- Providing baseline measures prior to medical procedures or evaluating the impact of chemotherapy, concussion, etc
Many individuals can experience symptoms associated with painful and traumatic circumstances. Anxiety, fear, and hopelessness are a few emotions that can linger post traumatic events. We can help you overcome these symptoms and guide you through the process of grief and healing.
Cognitive behavior therapy/behavior modification, and biofeedback are common treatment modalities. Parents can also attend 1-2 parenting sessions to learn about using behavior modification techniques at home.
Mind and Body Solutions specializes in well-rounded treatment to strengthen control over the mind and body.
Yoga and meditation has been demonstrated to improve attention, mood control, and mental strength. It has also demonstrated significant improvements for stress reduction.
Mind and Body Solutions offer individual and group sessions to adults and group sessions for children. There will be monthly specialized sessions for preganant women, PTSD, ADHD, and autism spectrum disorder.