•Neuropsychologists are licensed clinical psychologists that specialize in the field of neuropsychology.
•Anyone can benefit from mental health therapy in order to gain coping skills and gain better control over your mood and thoughts; however, therapy is especially encouraged for those who have significant difficulties controlling their mood, thoughts, or behavior and finds difficulties with functioning at home, work, or school due to these issues.
• Neuropsychological evaluations are recommended for children that struggle academically, have significant behavioral concerns, or may need placement in a more advanced classroom.
• Neuropsychological evaluations are recommended for adults that notice unusual changes in their personality, mood, speech or motor functioning, and memory. Some cognitive declines are expected with age but neuropsychological evaluations are designed to measure cognitive declines in comparison to what is expected given age and gender.
• The intake process will include gathering background information from the patient or patient's legal guardian. The intake will take approximately one hour for completion. During the intake assessment measures will be selected and the testing date will be scheduled.
• The examination will include various tasks depending on presenting concern, but may include intellectual testing, academic testing, language evaluation, developmental testing, executive functioning/attention testing, mood evaluation, and personality testing. Testing usually takes anywhere from one hour to five hours but a time estimate will be provided during intake. Most examinations use up to date technologies or interactive tools/games to keep children interested.
• Identifying clinical disorders early on can make significant differences in prognosis.
• Early intervention and proper treatment planning are positive factors for prognosis.
• Evaluations will provide evidence for the need of academic resources and allow children to receive IEP, SST, and 504 plans at school. Some common accommodations include extended time on school and state exams, recording devices or notes in college, and preferential seating. It can also prove need for gifted placement.
• Evaluations can assist with obtaining disability and other state services like vocational rehabilitation.
Biofeedback is an FDA approved treatment that helps assist children and adults with gaining coping skills to reduce stress and anxiety. It has also been proven to reduce pain from migraines. It works by using sensors to monitor heart rate while providing feedback when the individual is successfully reducing heart rate through using the stress reducing technique, such as breathing exercises or progressive muscle relaxation training. Children will first watch a cartoon that teaches them how to appropriately engage in the exercise and then they will practice with the pediatric neuropsychologist before getting hooked up to the sensors (clips on the ear or fingertips). The program is setup as a game with visual feedback and auditory prompts to help guide the child and keep their interest and motivation. There are many levels so this treatment is appropriate for children and adults.
Yes, we accept cash, credit, and most insurance companies. Please contact the office for additional information.